Ten years ago, I met a man who would change my life forever.
I met him through a barter and trade network. This group is full of out-of-the box thinkers. One of them told me, “Some of them don’t even know where ‘the box’ is!”.
Matthew Sikich knows where the box is, and can play inside it, or waaay outside it. His creativity is off the chart. He is also a genius in the way he works with people. He has studied, and understands human behavior to a very high degree.
As a result, he is able to do things that most people simply can not do. One look at his resume will tell you that:
- he’s coached collegiate soccer teams
(to championship levels)
- He took over as sales manager at the most successful furniture store in the nation
(and nearly doubled their sales)
- He does family mediation — getting couples who have split up to agree on things
(it makes me wish he’d met them sooner)
He also does sales training and other seminars all over the place.
Today, I am very pleased to call him my friend. That friendship really began when my wife and I first took his top level course, “Mastery of Loving”.
I sometimes call it “Mastery of Communication”. It could also be called “Mastery of Relationship”.
Now, I’m kind of an education junkie. I’m always learning something new. A long time ago I figured out that people are the key to everything. It’s people that control all the money, all the time, all the assets. Anything you might ever want is controlled by another human being. So being able to understand and get along with people is everything.
Having that background and attitude, I have to tell you, I was amazed by Mathew’s program. There were things in there I’d never seen before. I found out later that many of them were things he’d created himself. Things that no one else teaches, because no one else knows them.
This course taught me how to get along with people in ways I could never have found anywhere else.
The things I learned in Mastery of Loving make me a better husband, a better father, a better friend, salesman and marketer. Every aspect of my life has been touched by it.
I learned how internal limitations were put on me (and how to remove them). I learned why conflicts often result in fruitless arguments (and how to resolve them). I learned how that not everyone communicates the same way I do (and how to communicate with anyone).
Matthew doesn’t teach this high level course very often. I was incredibly fortunate have been at the right place at the right time.
And now, so are you. Matthew is taking 12 students this year. He is starting his promotion today. Many of those spots are already spoken for, but as a favor to me, he let me open up this opportunity to you.
I interviewed Matthew the other night and went over all the aspects of his course. Things like:
- understanding (and taming) the conscious and subconscious mind
- the concentric circles model of human relationships (how to stop an argument)
- discover your own communication choices
- how to communicate with anyone (even if they communicate differently than you)
- supercharge your listening skills (who needs this more? you? or your spouse?)
- take the limits off of your problem solving (this one is unbelievable)
- creating a life by design, by choice and on purpose (who doesn’t want that?)
- (and a lot of other things that don’t fit well on a “bullet point” list)
Honestly, of all the alternate names you could call this course, the best would be, “Mastery of Life”.
After all, what is more important in life than people?
For that matter, what’s more important in business than people?
If people are that important in both business and in life, what would be the value of mastership?
This is why Mastery of Loving is so vitally important.
Carpe vita (seize the life)
Oct 6, 2014